Following a 31-year-old man from NSW who tested positive after absconding from quarantine at the Travelodge, Hobart will now face a 3-day snap lockdown.
The lockdown will begin at 6pm today.
You must stay at home if you have symptoms, unless you are:
- Shopping for urgent household supplies within 5 km of home — only one person from a household at any one time.
- Attending medical or health care appointments, including COVID-19 testing or vaccinations.
- A permitted worker — a person working for a provider or business that is permitted to operate, and who cannot work from home.
- Going to school — if the child of a permitted worker, or if unable to learn at home, or going to child care.
- Exercising once per day outdoors within 5 km of home for up to two hours — alone or with your household or with one other person for safety reasons.
- Caring for a vulnerable person or for other compassionate reasons.
- In other permitted circumstances, such as in an emergency or to escape harm relating to family violence.
More to come