On 10/5/2021 members of Launceston Firearms Taskforce executed a search warrant at a South Launceston address.
As a result of the search the following was located and seized;
- 3 x pistols
- 1 x improvised homemade explosive device
- Over 1000 rounds of ammunition
- Trafficable quantity of methylamphetamine
- Trafficable quantity of another drug that is believed to be speed
- $86,000 cash
On 12/5/21 a 27-year-old South Launceston man was arrested and charged with;
- Possess a firearm when not the holder of a firearm licence
- Possess ammunition when the holder of a licence
- Trafficking in a controlled substance
- Possess controlled drug
- Dealing with proceeds of crime
The man has been bailed to appear in the Launceston Magistrates Court on 16/6/21.
Investigations are continuing and police have not ruled out further arrests.